Nowadays, CCTV cameras are broadly used in different fields for the sake of utmost security. And it is also observed that the presence of a security camera is enough to deter most intruders. Its effective service repels criminals, thus it is an excellent criminal deterrent. With all of these points, it is needless to say that a CCTV camera can boost any security to great extent.
That is why houses with security cameras are less appealing targets than ones without security cameras. Investing in CCTV cameras and motion sensors will definitely enrich the security of your house, office and other properties. Their services will justify the investment in them.
But if they are not installed properly or in the wrong place, you will not get the desired outcome from them. All your efforts and investments will go in vain. That is why we are here to guide you on this topic. Let’s talk about how to install a CCTV camera properly so that it can perform effectively.
Placing of CCTV Cameras
One of the most crucial steps in the installation of CCTV cameras is determining the right place to install them. Every CCTV camera has a specific range. So it would help if you placed it in a position where it can cover the entire desired portion. Besides, their cables have fixed lengths, so you have to choose a place from where the power connection can be made. Or you can simply go for a wireless system to avoid all of this chaos.
Here are some places that are ideal for placing CCTV cameras-
- All entrances should be covered with CCTV cameras. This will make you capable of capturing all the faces approaching your door. If you are concerned about any external attack on the security cameras, just protect them with wire cages and lift them high at least the second-floor level.
- Ground-floor windows are a common entry point for burglars. So make sure the windows are secured well.
- Backyards are needed to be covered with security cameras. It is highly recommended to eliminate blind spots.
- With indoor cameras, protect the second-floor main hallway. It not only empowers security but also helps you to defend your valuables.
Tips for Security Camera Installation
A CCTV camera should be installed in a way that meets your requirements. So this varies from house to house, depending on their dimension, position, potential threats and so on. That is why there is no one for all solution in this case. But there are some tips that can be a great help while installing a CCTV camera.
- Placing a security camera low can bring external damage to them. A burglar or intruder can easily damage it. So keep them high at least 8 to 10 feet from the ground.
- You don’t want any glare on the CCTV camera footage. So, avoid pointing them directly at the sun. You can observe the sun’s movement throughout the day and set your camera. It will definitely help you to capture clear footage.
- It is a well-known fact that water kills electronic devices. So investing in water-proof and weather-proof outdoor security cameras will be a great step. You can also go for CCTV cameras that are specially manufactured for your climate. And if you don’t have enough budget, you can put them under eaves or inside a wire cage.
- Though IR technology provides security cameras with some low-light capabilities, they are not always helpful for capturing minute details in a wide area. In this case bollard lights with motion detection are an excellent option. It supports your CCTV camera and boosts its performance.